CUPA offers a limited number of awards each semester to exceptionally motivated students participating in the CUPA program. These awards are to help the recipients finance special projects related to their year or semester in France, and are awarded in the following categories:
• Academic Project – an academic project directly related to research or work pursued in the student’s area of study and which demonstrates a significant potential for increased cultural immersion.
• Personal Project – a project that may not be directly related to the student’s area of study but that demonstrates a significant potential for increased cultural immersion.
• Travel Grant – awarded to students who demonstrate a compelling motive to explore an aspect of French culture which would not normally be covered in the CUPA program fee.
At the end of the semester, students are required to write an overview, in French, of how they used their award money and how it enhanced their immersion experience.
• Following the guidelines above, write an essay in French describing a specific academic or cultural project you would like to pursue during your semester in Paris, and explain why funding is important to this project. Provide as much information as possible about your project.
• Ask a professor or other person knowledgeable of your qualifications to complete the Merit Award Letter of Recommendation, stating why they believe you should be considered for a CUPA merit award.
• Submit this material along with the general application for the program: March 15 for Year/Fall semester students and by October 15th for Spring semester students.
Award decisions are made within two weeks following the award application deadline. Students selected for the award will be notified immediately following that two-week period.